If you’re anything like me, you might not be great at keeping New Year’s Resolutions. I used to fuss at myself for not having the will power to make the changes in my life, but now I know better.
You see, my personality-self loves when I list goals and make plans. My personality-self loves when I use my mind to make all the decisions.
But, there is a deeper, wiser version of me that balks when I only make decisions with my head. My Soul-self wants in on the fun, and when I allow that part of me to have a seat at the creative table of life, my journey becomes richer than I could imagine from my limited human mind.
One of the easiest and most fun ways to allow your Soul-self to let you know what it would like to experience in 2020 is an Intuitive Vision Board.
Hang in here–this is not your typical vision board. This vision board won’t consist of goals or motivation. This vision board will expand out from the deepest part of you.
Here is what you do.
- Gather your supplies. You will need a poster board, glue stick, scissors, and lots of magazines (the more diverse, the better).
- Sit quietly for a few minutes. Allow your quick mind to settle. Use this time to find your inner-quiet spot.
- Once you’ve found your zone begin to look through your magazines randomly. Let all of your mind’s goals go. Just look at the images in the magazines and see what speaks to you, what pulls you, where do your eyes linger. There is no right or wrong. There is no pretty or ugly. Only what speaks to you and what doesn’t. Cut out the pictures that pull you towards them. There’s something there for you.
- Now arrange them on your poster board. Again, this isn’t about making it pretty or perfect. Don’t overthink. Just allow it to happen. I encourage you to put your board together in one sitting, fairly quickly without giving your mind a chance to edit.
- Once you’re finished gluing the images to the poster board, sit back and notice what’s there for you. Is there a theme? Is there an energy? Is there wisdom in the big picture for you? What do you notice? What is your Soul-self saying to you?
If it doesn’t come right away, don’t worry about it. Sometimes I don’t see the patterns until I am immersed in the new year or sometimes until the year is complete.
When you are creating your board, some things to keep in mind:
Every year is unique. Every person is intuitive. Every Soul-self is magical.