If you are anything like me you might not be great at keeping New Year’s Resolutions. I used to fuss at myself for not having the will power to make the changes in my life, but now I know better. You see, my personality-self loves when I list goals and make plans. My personality-self loves when I use my mind to make all the decisions. But, there is a deeper, wiser version of me that balks when I only make decisions with my head. My Soul-self wants in on the fun and when I allow that part of me to have a seat at the creative table of life my journey becomes richer than I could imagine from my limited brain.
One of the easiest and most fun ways to allow your Soul-self to let you know what it would like to experience in 2018 is a vision board. Hang in here–this is not your typical vision board. This vision board will not consist of goals or motivation. This vision board will expand out from the deepest part of you.
Here is what you do.
- Gather your supplies. You will need poster board, glue stick, scissors, and lots of magazines (the more diverse the better).
- Sit quietly for a few minutes. Allow your quick mind to settle. This is not the time to think about your board. This time is for you to find your inner quiet spot.
- Once you have found your zone begin to randomly look through your magazines. Let all of your mind’s goals go. Just look at the images in the magazines and see what speaks to you, what pulls you, where do your eyes linger. There is no right or wrong. There is no pretty or ugly. Only what pulls at you and what doesn’t. Cut out the pictures that pull you towards them. There is something there for you.
- Now arrange them on your poster board. Again, this is not about making it pretty or perfect. This is about what wants to go where. Don’t think too much. Just allow it to happen. I encourage you to put your board together in one sitting, fairly quickly without giving your mind a chance to edit.
- Once you are finished gluing the images to the poster board, sit back and notice what is there for you. Is there a theme? Is there an energy? Is there wisdom in the big picture for you? What do you notice? What is your Soul-self saying to you? If it doesn’t come right away, don’t worry about it. Sometimes I don’t see the patterns until I am immersed in the new year or sometimes until the year is complete.
Some of the things I have notice about my vision board from last year: lots of magic was in the mix, lots of learning about my path, and lots of help from my beings. Some of the things that stand out about 2018’s board: lots of space, lots of singular expansion with splashes of joy thrown in.
Every year is unique. Every person is intuitive. Every is Soul-self is magical. What combination is flowing for you in 2018?