Look what I’ve been doing! I crocheted my first ever afghan. I taught myself via Youtube. It took 49.5 hours over six weeks.
A few things I learned along the way:
- It’s super fun to dabble with things out of your comfort zone.
- It’s okay not to know what you’re doing.
- Expect mistakes.
- Sometimes you have to begin again where you are.
- You will curse.
- Listen to advice from practiced experts in the field but do what you want in the end.
- It doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful.
- Friends and family will have an opinion only pay attention to the encouraging words.
- It feels good to finish something.
- It feels even better to be proud of your work.
- The new thing doesn’t have to become a forever passion.
- Trust your desires because you don’t know where they are leading.
- Enjoy creating something for the heck of it.
- Let yourself shine to others. You never know who you may inspire.