Have you ever had a problem or been in a situation where you’d like clarity or helpful information on how to resolve it, but you’re so tangled up in your own thoughts you can’t hear what your heart wisdom is saying?
I want to share an easy way to tap into your inner wisdom and get out of your logical mind and into your soul knowledge. Grab one of your favorite books. A book that resonates with you—maybe you really like the author, the story had great information in it, or you just enjoyed the book.
Here is what you do:
- Close your eyes.
- Gently turn your attention inward.
- Take a couple of deep cleansing breaths, so you become fully present in your body.
- Find your neutral zone. This place feels like home—comfortable and relaxed. You are not trying to solve the problem, yet. You are merely calm and open.
- Ask your question. Frame your question in an open-ended way. Not yes or no, but more like—what information do I need to know about this situation, or what information will help me move forward with a next step. This allows the wisdom to wiggle its way through to you.
- Again, take a couple of deep breaths after you ask your question.
- Next, with your eyes closed, you’re going to open your book. Open it to wherever it feels like it wants to be opened. It could be the beginning, the end, or the middle. You will get a feeling that this is the spot that wants to be opened. Don’t over think it. Go with your gut.
- Randomly place your finger on the page. Trust this is the spot that you need to read.
- Read the sentence or paragraph where your finger lands. Allow it to reveal the information that is pertinent, relevant and meaningful to you.
This process works because your whole life is a mirror. Everything you encounter is offering information to you. Guidance and wisdom are all around you. All you have to do is get out of your analytical mind so that life can reflect back to you your own inner knowing.