The Holiday Season can be the perfect time to share your kindness with someone.
Spread some good cheer with one of these ideas. I dare ya!
- Give away your prime parking space in a crowded lot to another driver. It’s a great way to surprise someone with kindness this shopping season.
- Wheel out your neighbor’s trash bin on trash day. (And then take it in for her the next day.)
- Leave a co-worker a positive sticky note. Something like, “I see you doing a great job everyday”. Positive encouragement helps lighten their workload.
- Reminisce with someone. This is great for elderly family members. It creates connection in the moment and allows someone to enjoy their fond memories.
- Go to your favorite spot today. Enjoy some much needed “me time” this season. Give yourself permission to seek out the physical space that lightens your mood.
- Write down someone’s best qualities and then send it to them via email, snail mail or in person.
- Love your body by moving it. Gentle exercise is one of the best ways to show your body you care.
- Write a positive comment on a blog or website. Believe me—they are read!
- Complain less this holiday season. You will notice that not airing your constant grievances helps everyone breathe easier.
- Feed the Birds. Our fine feathered friends need a little love during the winter months. Set out a bird feeder and watch how much you enjoy being a part of the natural world.
- Pick one person to hand write a letter to during the season. Tell them how much they mean to you, what you learned from them, or how they inspire you.
- Donate your used books to the local library. Pass along the stories that inspire you to someone else.
- Share your favorite recipe. There is nothing better than giving someone the secret to your special sauce, casserole or desert. It makes them feel included.
- Laugh. Big and Loud. Laughter is contagious. Have you ever laughed and noticed that others will start to smile and chuckle too. Spread the joy of laughter.
- Open the door for someone. Keep chivalry alive and well for men and women. Hold the door for someone and allow them to make a grand entrance or exit.
- Pay for the cup of coffee for the guy behind you. It’s fun to treat someone that isn’t expecting it. Watch their face light up with surprise.
- Tell someone’s boss that they are doing a great job. Take the time to tell your cashier’s, paper boy’s, Fed Ex Driver’s boss that they are excelling at their job. This is a twofer! It makes the boss feel good and the employee.
- Donate to your favorite cause this year. Time, money or support. It’s all welcome and its all needed.